Jamie, Addy and I before i left Richmond Hill, Georgia. She was my light in the dark. I was going through a tough time on my mission before I met her and she is such a wonderful person. Her Husband was a member of the church but she was not. Her Husband didn't like the church at all. He was less active and was sorta anti.They had a baby and got married and her family who is Baptist disowned her and stopped talking to her because she was marring a MORMON!! ewww!!! jk Plus she got pregnant before she married him. So all she had was Michael's (her husbands) family.
Pam, Michael's Mother, talked with Jamie about the church and prepared her very well to hear the Gospel. So when we came she was ready.
The way we found her was very interesting how things happened.
My companion at the time and I were having an argument. So she decided that I would be the one to decide where to go tracting that day. I decided to go finish what we started the day before and she really didn't like that idea but i did it anyway, because I was driving. But she didn't like the idea because it was on the opposite side of the town that our next appointment was on in an hour.
We knocked on the first door... no answer... second door... no answer... third door... no answer... fourth door... no answer... fifth door... no answer.
My companion at this time was really upset with me because I picked an awesome place to go tracting and she wanted to leave. I was stubborn and let her know that we would continue and finish tracting.
We knocked on the sixth door... this lady with no makeup answered the door, we introduced ourselves and asked her if she would like to learn more and was EXTREMELY friendly. Which was REALLY weird, because no one was that nice to us.
She let us know she was a member and that she had a daughter in-law that was there that we could chat with to see if she would like to know more.
That was why she was nice.
We walked in and had the most wonderful discussion about Joseph Smith and the Gospel.... answer to my prayers.
She was baptized on May 2nd 2007.
I was going through mission pictures the other day because our mission reunion is coming up by Conference on October 2nd. One of my old companions is putting together a photo video of all the missionaries that submit photos. I am quite excited for this reunion. But in a way I am not because sometimes they can not be fun and just boring.
I have been home off my mission for a year and a half and it trips me out because it does not seem like it has been that long at all.
The mission was a wonderful thing... I loved it! It means everything to me and I am so grateful for all the wonderful people that the Lord blessed me with to get to know. I have honestly never been so close to the Lord as I was on my mission. I hope to continue to be close to my Heavenly Father and Christ for the rest of my life and all eternity.
This is Sharron and she was like Jamie and very special to me. She was baptized on her Birthday.Black people actually lived in this run down tin roof shack in Richmond Hill, Georgia. I'm not trying to be rude but you can tell if black people lived there or white people, and you could tell if it was clean; and all this by the smell when you walk up to the house.
This is one of my favorite girls. She is a Crunk!! The Crunks were a family in Martinez, Georgia that treated us as if we were a part of that family and one of the kids. She is carving my pumpkin for me.
There was a local Baptist church that was selling pumpkins and had a huge pumpkin patch right in front of there church and we went a bought pumpkins there and just talked with the people and had a friendly face. Everyone loves Jesus in the SOUTH!

This pic is at the Elder Zwick Tour. We had a Area 70 come and visit us and had two zones combine to listen to he speak. We were reunited with those from our MTC District!!!
It was my Companions year mark on her mission and I went to buy her a cake and they let me write on it!!!
Tracting and exploring!!! On the edge of a neighborhood where there was a big swamp with a oak tree with Spanish moss. It was rare that we could see that far because Georgia is COVERED in trees. Usually big and tall pine trees.
COTTON PICKIN'








0 comments:
Post a Comment