Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Little Sweet Things

Every now and then there is a cute little thing that happens at work that one of the residents do. Tonight I was at the end of my 2pm-10pm shift and I was putting some of the residents to bed. The other CNA came up to me and asked me if I could put Mildred Shumway to bed. I told her that I would be glad to.

Every night Mildred has a routine before she goes to bed. She takes her sleeping pill and has me put some eye ointment on her lower eyelids and put her oxygen on. When I was done with her routine she asked me to turn out all the lights. I went to leave and flipped off the light and opened the door to leave... all of a sudden i realized that I forgot to turn off her tv room light. I walked over to do so and the door slammed. I flipped off the light I saw on and headed out and as I was on my way I heard her sincerely say "My Dear Heavenly Father..." in her sweet old voice.
Things like that are so precious to me and give me a new look at things for some reason.

another one of the first moments that i experienced that was sweet was one time when I was giving room trays to residents and I walked into a ladies room. I saw that a woman was blow drying her hair with their backs towards me as I walked in. I walked past them to her table and turned around to see the cute and small old lady with her eyes shut just enjoying the warmth of the blow dryer and the feeling of being pampered. So cute...

But I have never looked at life from a old ladies point of view before I actually became a CNA.
There is sooo much awful things in this world but sweet moments like that make up for everything that is not so wonderful. I love life!!! :)

0 comments: